Picture of Shahid Afridi Hitting a Fan at Karachi Airport

... I couldn’t take it when my daughter was pushed to the ground, says former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi after roughing up a fan on arrival at Karachi from the Asia Cup final in Dhaka. For More News stories >>

Pakistan cricketer Shahid Afridi (in red) pushes a fan at Karachi airport on Friday. (Click on image for full size)

ISLAMABAD: Pakistani cricketer Shahid Afridi on Saturday apologised for hitting a fan at Karachi airport, saying he lost his temper when he saw his little daughter getting almost trampled by an enthusiastic autograph seeker.

Afridi was returning home on Friday night after Pakistan won the Asia Cup defeating Bangladesh when he was surrounded by hordes of fans at the airport seeking his autograph.

He punched a fan in the face who was insisting on an autograph. The all- rounder apologised over the Karachi airport incident.

“I know what I did was wrong. I should have controlled myself. But I couldn’t take it when my daughter was pushed to the ground,” Afridi was quoted as saying by the “ Dawn News” channel.

Afridi said that he had lot of love and respect for his fans and always tried to be pleasant with them. “ But when my daughter who was waiting for me near my car got pushed by fans trying to get near me I lost my temper,” he said.

His three-year-old daughter had come to the airport to welcome him with flowers.
Find here: Shahid Afridi trashes/hits a fan at Karachi Airport Pictures, photos

Comments

  1. shahi khan afridi is my favourite cricketer..i have hanged his pictures in my every room of my home .he will never hurt his fan ,there should be something else .

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOOM BOOM AFRIDI.....MY MOST FAVOURITE CRICKETER.I AM SEEING ONLY THE MATCH WHICH AFRIDI PLAYS.OTHERWISE I AM NOT INTERESTED IN SPORTS.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

POPULAR STORIES THIS WEEK

Mahua Moitra's Ex-Husband Lars Brorson - Pictures & Info

Historic First: South Africa Reaches FIFA World Cup Knockouts / South Africa vs South Korea Match Results

Pictures of Shashi Taroor's First Wife Tilottama Mukherji, Photographs and Details

Venezuela Earthquakes: State of Emergency Declared After 7.5 Tremors

What is Master Manjunath of Malgudi Days Doing Now?

Tees Maar Khan Box Office Report/Review/Collections

Shashi Tharoor's Second Wife Christa Giles, Pictures and Info of His Soon To be Ex Canadian Wife

Rani Mukerji's Wins National Award for 'Mrs. Chatterjee vs. Norway'

All About Anjana Arjun's Fiancé, Isaiah. Who is Arjun Sarja's Daughter's Fiance Isaiah

Dum Maro Dum Box Office Collections Report/Review