Sania Mirza Wedding news


A Look at Arbaaz and Malaika Arora Khan's Home at Bandra (Pictures)

ACTOR ARBAAZ KHAN SAYS HIS TASTEFULLY DONE-UP, CHIC RESIDENCE, IS A REFLECTION OF HIS PERSONALITY AND HEAVEN ON EARTH FOR HIM


The 1,800 sq ft residence of Arbaaz and Malaika Khan is, according to the couple, an extension of their personality. Complete with a private terrace and other essentials, this house is the perfect haven for the actors.

The couple’s duplex flat, in Vida Apartments, is located in one of the most scenic and tranquil lanes of Bandra. "I bought this place in 1998, after my marriage, when I moved out of my family home at Galaxy Apartments. What attracted me to this area was its old-world charm and this is also one of the quieter lanes of Bandra," explains Arbaaz.

The Khan residence opens into the living room, which is to the left of the entrance. To the right, is the study area. The entire stretch of the living room is done-up tastefully in shades of beige and natural wooden brown. The living room also serves as the lounge area, where the Khans entertain guests and friends.

The living room has the dining area combined with it. At the extreme end of the living room, is a balcony and the kitchen. Moving towards the balcony, Arbaaz recalls how the skyline of Bandra has changed over the years. "Bandra has changed drastically over the last few decades. Over the years, it has become very crowded and polluted," he says.

Prod him about the process of designing his home and his face lights up instantly. "The décor of the residence was done completely as per our inputs. While the design and look were primarily Malaika's, I also gave several inputs during the designing of this house. We also frequently change the decoration at our place," he smiles.

The study area is complete with all the latest gadgets. "I spend the maximum amount of time in my study room as I like the feel of this area the most. I also have sittings for my film script narrations and other meetings over here," he says. The second tier of the Khan residence houses the master bedroom and their son Arhaan's room.

Khan says that his house gives him comfort and peace of mind, essential after a hard day's work. "My home, my space, is heaven for me. The sense of belonging and peace that I feel when I am at home has no parallel. This place has an inspiring and fulfilling aura and a positive energy about it, which keeps me going," he beams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Site By Keywords