Sania Mirza Wedding news


6 biggest fitness secrets of Hrithik Roshan and Lisa Haydon’s

She’s a sensual yogini, he’s a focused gym buff. There could be no better ambassadors than Lisa Haydon and Hrithik Roshan for our health and fitness goals in the New Year.



GREEK GOD WITH A MISSION

Hrithik Roshan wants to get stronger than he’s ever been. He shares his strategy to stay fit and focused.

Broccoli is his superfood

“I’ve been having it every single day for the last five years and, while I can’t explain the connection, I feel great. When I am in my transformation phase, I get off all carbs (except the fibrous kind) for seven to eight weeks. My five meals comprise 90gm of chicken or fish or six egg whites with one yolk tossed with a lot of broccoli and beans with different seasonings so it does not get monotonous.”

He loves Indian food and dark chocolate

“I am a huge foodie—while prepping for my role in Guzaarish (2010), for which I had to gain weight, I ate samosas and vada pavs every day for two months. People still get shocked when they see me eat a whole box of chocolates. I don’t psyche myself out—I know how to balance my meals even when I am not on a strict diet.”

He uses affirmations as motivation

“My intelligence says magic does not exist, but my spirit believes in it. I’ve never let myself give up because I believe in myself. I want to get stronger than I have ever been and I will continue to tell myself that I can do it, no matter what the odds.”

BEAUTY ON THE GO

Lisa Haydon discovered the joys of working out rather early in life. Looking good as a result of her healthy lifestyle is just a perk

She looked “quite funny” as a kid

“I went through an awkward phase with my body and was often ragged for being too thin. I didn’t understand then why people were being so unkind, but I used it to make myself mentally stronger. Very often what makes you the underdog when you are younger becomes your USP later. What made me so different then has set me apart now.”

She started exercising when she was 11

“All credit to my mother who, despite having to look after eight children, always made time for exercise. She’d work out to Jane Fonda and later Kathy Smith and Cindy Crawford in between managing us. I soon joined her, as I loved aerobics and its accompanying music and the gorgeous swimsuits these women wore, showing off their super-fit legs that I desperately wanted. Then at 17, when I hit adolescence, I took to running for both the adrenaline rush and to blow off steam. I started with 10 rounds, then 20, and before I knew it I was running in professional marathons.”

She had an Atkins phase

“During my years in mid-west America, I had gained a lot of weight. I was eating a lot of country food like fried chicken biscuit. For someone who has always been skinny, and even bullied because of it, I wasn’t used to all the weight and was looking for a quick fix. My sister convinced me to try Atkins… I lasted for all of three days!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Site By Keywords