Sania Mirza Wedding news


National Awards 2010 Winners List and Their Reactions

List of Winners at the 57th National Awards - Winners List and Reactions.


National Awards Winners List

Best Actor: Amitabh Bachchan for Paa
Best Actress: Ananya Chatterjee for Abohoman (Bengali)
Best director: Rituparno Ghosh for Abohomaan
Best Supporting Actress: Arundhati Nag for Paa
Best Supporting Actor: Farooque Shaikh for Lahore
Best Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment: 3 Idiots
Best Feature Film (Hindi): Paa
Best Feature Film (Overall): Kutty Srank (Malayalam)
Best male playback singer : Rupam for Mahanagar@Kolkata (Bengali)
Best female playback singer : Nilanjana Sarkar for Houseful (Bengali)
Best Lyrics: Swanand Kirkire - Behti Hawa Sa Tha Woh (3 Idiots)
Best Music: Amit Trivedi for Dev D
Best background score award : Illayaraja for Kerala Verma Pazhassi Raja (Malayalam)
best sound designer : Resul Pookutty for Kerala Verma Pazhassi Raja (Malayalam)
Best Film with Social Message : Delhi 6
Best Film On Social Issues: Well Done Abba
best make-up artist : Christien Tinsley and Dominie Till for Paa

My son just won the National Award for his performance in "Paa". I'm a very proud father today... So excuse me... going off to do the monkey dance!
Abhishek Bachchan, producer, 'Paa'

The irony of awards is that the recipients will disagree with all the other awards except for the ones they themselves received
Ram Gopal Varma, filmmaker

I'm happy that at least the film got its due ...
I was not expecting one for the film at all
Shyam Benegal, winner, Best Film With A Social Message for 'Well Done Abba'

My work was not at all good .
There was lot of scope for improvement. If such work deserves awards, then I think I should get more awards in future
Rupam Islam, winner, Best Male Playback Singer

Vidya-abhishek were good too.
This should have been Amitji's 25th National Award. Truly proud of Amitji and Arundhati (Naag)... I think Vidya and Abhishek were equally good. I'm glad that people loved the film.
R BalkiBest Film "Paa"

My work wasn't good.
When I work I never think I'm doing well. I am never satisfied with my work... My work wasn't all that good. There was lot of scope for improvement. If such work deserves awards, then I think I should get more awards in future.
Rupam Islam Best Singer for "Mahanagar@Kolkata"

We've got Recognition
I am very happy that "Delhi 6" has got recognition at the National Awards. The reason we had made this film was that the land suffers from (lack of) integration; lack of understanding between religions and we have got recognised for the same.
Rakeysh Om Prakash MehraNargis Dutt Award for Best Feature Film on National Integration for "Delhi 6".

I'm missing my father
I don't know whether it's the happiest or the saddest day for me. I'm missing my father so much today. I lost him last month. My mother didn't care so much about my awards. It was my father who used to treasure all of them. The fact that he is no longer there to share this moment with me, makes me very sad. I'm dealing with a huge sense of loss.
Rituparno Ghosh Best Director for "Abohoman"

What a welcome!
I have just returned from the US where I was working on pre-production of my next film. I landed here two days back and I am welcomed with such an overwhelming news.
Vindhu Vinod Chopra Best Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment "3 Idiots"

Very humbling
It's extremely humbling when the audience loved and cherised this film so much and now we are also getting recognised by getting a National Award.
Raj Kumar HiraniBest Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment "3 Idiots"

My phone's constantly ringing
When I was writing the song, I never thought that it will get me a national award... But that's with every song. When you are writing it, you don't have awards on your mind. Your main focus is that it should suit the film and be liked by people. At that time the best thing is the song becomes a hit and people appreciate it... But now when I have got the award, I'm feeling very nice. My phone is constantly ringing and so many congratulatory messages are pouring in.
Swanand KirkireBest Lyrics for "Behti Hawa Sa Tha Woh" ("3 Idiots")

An important success
"Paa" has bagged four National Awards, including best Hindi film, best supporting actress by Arundhati Naag and best make-up by Mr Chrisiten Tinsley and Ms Dominie Till and I congratulate all of them for winning this prestigious award.... This is an important success for AB Corp Ltd and the entire cast and crew who have helped make such a brilliant movie.
Amitabh Bachchan Best Actor for "Paa"

Feeling's yet to sink in
It is yet to sink in completely. But yes, it feels great... It is the first big award in my life. When I heard my name being read out as best actress, I did not realise the importance. Now that people are calling up I understand I have achieved something
Ananya Chatterjee
Best Actress for "Abohoman"

A proud 'father'
I'm a very proud father today!!! My son just won the National Award for his performance in 'Paa'!!! (sic)... "Paa" has won four national awards!!! So excuse me for a while... going off to do the monkey dance!!! Auro, auro, auro!!!.
Abhishek Bachchan

The ultimate feeling
There is no award like the National Award, it's the ultimate feeling. And it is all the more special because I was recognised for my work in my own language Malayalam... There used to be just one award in the sound category, now there are three, that's a great development
Resul PookuttyBest Sound Designer for "Kerala Varma Pazhassi Raja "

Roll of honour
The announcement came earlier than expected but not with many unexpected winners from Bollywood. Even as Director Ramesh Sippy, head of the National Awards jury, announced the winners of the 57th National Film Awards, B-town erupted in joy on various online platforms, as Amitabh Bachchan was adjudged the best Actor for his role in "Paa" as Auro, a child suffering from the rare genetic condition of progeria.

This is Bachchan's fourth National Award. He's earlier won the award for his role as the best newcomer in "Saat Hindustani" (1970), and twice in the best actor category for "Agneepath" (1991) and "Black" (2006). Besides Bachchan from Bollywood, Amit Trivedi, who has given music for movies like "Aisha" and "Wake Up Sid", has picked up his first national award for the best music category for "Dev.D". The Aamir Khan starrer "3 Idiots" has been adjudged the best film providing wholesome entertainment.
2010 National Awards Winners List, Reactions of National Awards 2010 Winners.

Video: Amitabh Bachchan, Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Raju Hirani talk About their National Awards
Amitabh Bachchan won his fourth National Award for 'Paa' in the best actor category. On the day it was announced he spoke to the media. And this is what he had to say. Also check out Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Raju Hirani talk about '3 Idiots' getting the National Award for Popular film offering wholesome entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Site By Keywords