Sania Mirza Wedding news


Kangana Ranaut: My earningse down, endorsements are fewer After a year of controversy

Kangana Ranaut after a year of controversy: My earnings are down, endorsements are fewer

Kangana Ranaut has admitted that two consecutive flops and talking about issues no one wants to discuss (nepotism and sexual harassment in Bollywood) have made her face financial losses.

A year of controversies where she spoke against Hindi film industry’s high and mighty and two back-to-back box office failures later, Kangana Ranaut has admitted all of it has affected her earnings. Speaking to Mumbai Mirror in an interview, she said her “commercial viability” has been affected.

Kangana was last seen in Hansal Mehta’s Simran, which bombed at the box office and was also panned by critics. Her previous film, Rangoon starring Shahid Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan, also fared poorly at the box office and received mixed reviews. Kangana’s performance was appreciated in the films but the films themselves failed to enthuse audiences.


“The offers haven’t slowed but my commercial viability has been affected. The endorsements are fewer, my earnings are down and my plan to open my own production house has had to be pushed,” she told the tabloid.

In a string of explosive interviews earlier this year, Kangana once again raked up the issues of harassment and nepotism in the industry, dragging big names like Hrithik Roshan and Karan Johar in her allegations.

However, Kangana said in the interview that she should not be written off yet. “But I have signed three films, have a beautiful house in Manali now and an office on Pali Hill and I’m going to Harvard so don’t write me off just yet.”

Ending the interview on a positive note, Kangana said, “I don’t want my life to become a cautionary tale but an inspiration for young girls and for that I will survive and succeed.”

Kangana is currently preparing for her talk at Harvard Business School scheduled for February 2018. Claiming she would like to paint a positive image of her country during the talk, Kangana also told the tabloid, “I will talk about new opportunities in the entertainment business that TV, digital platforms and streaming sites have brought in which I want to experiment with too. I want to point to films like Hindi Medium which merged the lives of disparate social hierarchies in a realistic rather than aspirational portrayal of society.”

The Queen star has reportedly requested time off from her Manikarnika schedule to prepare for her Harvard talk. She is currently working on the biopic on Rani Lakshmibai.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Site By Keywords