Sania Mirza Wedding news


I Would Never Have Married Shoaib Malik, Says Sayali Bhagat as She Talks About Shoaib Malik


>The news of Shoaib Malik’s marriage to Sania Mirza has had interesting repercussions. First, MA Siddiqui claimed that Shoaib married his daughter Ayesha Siddiqui on the phone, which would make Sania his second wife. Whether this claim holds water or not, Shoaib is no stranger to breaking hearts. Cricketers have been always been attracted to Bollywood stars and Shoaib was reportedly involved with starlet Shayali Bhagat in his commitment-free days. We talk to Sayali about her association/relationship with the Pakistani cricketer:

• It was reported that you were dating Shoaib. What was your reaction to the news that Shoaib Malik is getting married to Sania Mirza on April 15?
I was not dating Shoaib. My first and last association with Shoaib was when we were offered a film together by Wilson Louis. However, the makers could not market the idea of Shoaib Malik as a leading man as he was a Pakistani cricketer. Meanwhile, 26/11 happened and that further ruined the chances of casting him. I live in Mumbai and had lost some of my friends in the Taj tragedy. I was shellshocked and I mourned for the victims. I understand the sentiments of people and chose to step down and reject that film offer, as I did not want to jeopardise my name and career.

• Were you attracted to Shoaib?
Does one get attracted to somebody in two or three meetings? At least I don’t.

• You had told us “I am extremely close to Shoaib but it is too early to talk about love and relationships” (Mumbai Mirror, September 26, 2008). That sounds contradictory to your statement.
(Sighs) Woh sab film ki marketing strategy thi. You know how the film industry works. Aren’t co-stars linked up to make the films a talking point? The production house of the film was successful in getting publicity for the film, but at the end of the day, they still failed to get buyers.

• Did the link-up affect you?
To a certain extent, it was troublesome for me. I was in a relationship, and that hit a rough patch due to the controversy. Later my relationship with my boyfriend fizzled out, but for another reason altogether. If my link-up with Shoaib hadn’t happened, maybe I wouldn’t have lost my boyfriend. I won’t deny that my parents were upset, but they are modern and educated people and they saw it in the right light.

• Did you know that Shoaib had married Ayesha in 2002?
I had heard about that.

• Ayesha and her parents are very upset by the news of Shoaib’s marriage. What is your take on it?
Why should I offer an opinion on anybody’s decision? But if I were ever offered marriage by Shoaib’s parents, I would have refused. I would have run away from it.

• From Shoaib?
Totally. Not him per se, but because of the controversy that would follow.

• What kind of a person is Shoaib?
He is very reserved and mostly keeps to himself.

• Is Shoaib in touch with you now?
No. We were not in touch even then. As I said, woh sab film ki marketing strategy thi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Site By Keywords