Sania Mirza Wedding news


TVF Anurabh Kumar molestation allegations: Taapsee Pannu is following closely

Taapsee Pannu is following the TVF Anurabh Kumar molestation allegations closely
Taapsee Pannu says that she is following the allegations against TVF’S Arunabh Kumar closely; adds it’s too early to form an opinion on the issue.

Ever since Pink (2016) released, Taapsee Pannu, who played one of the protagonists in the film, has been hailed as the flag-bearer for women’s issues. Taapsee too, by her own admission, is happy to be have been entrusted with this sense of entitlement.

But like they say, with great power, comes great responsibility. From talking about women empowerment, to starring in videos that address social issues, Taapsee is doing her bit to fulfil this responsibility. “I am absolutely thrilled. It makes me feel confident and gives me a sense of responsibility. But I also know that now, whatever I say will have to be very carefully worded, as a lot of people are listening and looking up to me. But, I am more than ready for it,” says Taapsee.

We bring her attention to the recent case of molestation charges by several women against the founder of the production house, The Viral Fever, Arunabh Kumar. After an anonymous blog on sexual harassment by Indian Fowler went viral, multiple women have come to the fore with similar allegations against Arunabh. One of them was written by a woman, Reema Sengupta, on her Facebook profile, who alleged that Arunabh had misbehaved with her. Taapsee says, she too, is shocked by the allegations and is still in the process of assessing all information.

“When I heard about this, I picked up the phone to speak to some people at TVF. But I have been hearing completely opposite stories. It’s very confusing. But there are some women who have come out in the open with their names, alleging harassment. It is difficult to believe that someone would lie about being molested, especially when their identities and backgrounds are out in the open. I have told my friends who work there to keep me updated. There are too many stories doing the rounds and at this point, it’s very difficult for me to form an opinion,” Taapsee says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Site By Keywords