Anil Kapoor Plans To Premiere Aisha at IIFA Awards 2010

Anil Kapoor is planning to screen his upcoming home production "Aisha", starring daughter Sonam Kapoor and Abhay Deol, at the upcoming International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards.


"I am trying my best to complete the film. We are running against time. If we are done with it we might screen it at this year's IIFA awards," Anil told reporters here Thursday.

The 50-year-old was present in the capital for an event organised by Wizcraft to announce details of a charity cricket match that will be held in Colombo during the IIFA weekend starting June 3.

The proceeds of the charity match will go to a fund that will help people who were displaced during civil war in Sri Lanka.

Sri Lankan spinner Muttiah Muralitharan was also present at the event.

Asked if Anil was prepared to face Muralitharan's 'doosras', he told IANS: "Yes, I am ready. I will be nervous but since I am an actor I will not let it show on my face. I will keep a calm outlook."

Any preparations for the cricket match?

"I don't need any preparation. I am a good cricketer," said the actor.

Anil was at his joyful best at the event and got along well with Muralitharan. He even tried to mimic the cricketer's bowling actions and expressions.

Comments

POPULAR STORIES THIS WEEK

Mahua Moitra's Ex-Husband Lars Brorson - Pictures & Info

Pictures of Shashi Taroor's First Wife Tilottama Mukherji, Photographs and Details

Shashi Tharoor's Second Wife Christa Giles, Pictures and Info of His Soon To be Ex Canadian Wife

Ahaan Panday and Aneet Padda Spark Dating Rumors

Artemis II Breaks Apollo 13 Distance Record | Homebound Journey Update

Pictures of Ahaan Panday at NDTV Indian of the Year 2025 Awards, Wins NDTV Debutant Actor of the Year Award at NDTV Awards, Photos, Videos & Details

Kareena Kapoor's Unfiltered Views on SRK and Salman Khan Resurface

Shashi Tharoor's Sons Kanishk and Ishaan Taroor, Twin Children From Shashi Tharoor First Marriage to Tilottama Mukherji.

Runjhun Sharma in Shashi Tharoor Viral Photo is Head of RT India, Photographs and Details

Shashi Tharoor - Sunanda Pushkar Wedding Pictures, Photos