Sania Mirza Wedding news


Aishwarya Rai Interview From Cannes About Raavan and The International Film Festival

Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai swept into the spotlight at the 63rd Cannes Film Festival 2010 on Wednesday joining Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett on the red carpet for the opening film, Robin Hood.


Ash, who is no stranger to walking up the famous Palais Des Festivals steps, looked radiant on Day 1 in a lavender dress by Ellie Saab.

But the star insists that she doesn't always go all out to get ready for the event.

"Thankfully it is not about nerves. My filming schedules are always so excessively busy that it depends on how much time I have when I come in to be able to find the dress and be sure that it fits comfortably. Comfort is a huge factor for me. I have to feel comfortable in what I'm wearing, and especially on opening night because that is a very long evening. So, I like to feel comfortable. That is foremost on my mind."

Since making her first appearance at the prestigious festival with her movie Devdas in 2002 Aishwarya has returned as an actress, a jury member and most recently as a model.

"Initially I did come here on different experiences. I came here for the first time with Devdas; then I came in as a jury member, then with L'Oreal. So in that sense these were definitely different. And (I've been) a couple of times with different brand ambassadors who I was meeting for the first time, they always made it different. But now I'd say it's becoming more and more familiar. It's people that I know, there are media people that I recognise, photographers that I recognise, so now it's got more of a sense of reconnecting with people I already know and it's far more familiar," she says.

This year Ash is particularly busy. She's not only representing the cosmetics company L'Oreal but also promoting her latest film Raavan, which co-stars husband Abhishek Bachchan and is produced and directed by Mani Ratnam.

"Well, I'm excited to come and present to the media a film that is very close to my heart. It's a film by Mani Ratnam who was also my first director when I began my career as an actress. He is a very respected figure in the Indian film industry, so I am very excited to be here with his film. At a personal level too I am happy to be working with my husband. Though we had worked together even before we got married, and have been co-stars on several occasions, this particular movie is very precious to me," she says.

Raavan is set to release on June 18. The 63rd Cannes Film Festival runs from May 12 to 23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Site By Keywords