Sania Mirza Wedding news


A look at John Abraham's Maruti Gypsy King

John Gypsy Abraham
The avid biker shifts gears for now… buys a modest car

aaja meri gaadi mein baith jaa: John Abraham with his new Maruti Gypsy King

John Abraham loves bikes, so you'd expect him to add a new one to his collection, but he has now gone and bought a modest four-wheeler — Maruti Gypsy King — for himself.

Also View:

Salman Khan Rides on his Hayabusa Bike (View Pictures)

Salman Khan On His Bicycle, Riding Away on the Streets of Mumbai (With Pictures)

Jackie Shroff's Bike, Modified to Look Like a Skeletor Chopper with Skull Head


The Gypsy is white and the actor has requested some modifications in it. The actor admits, "I bought the car a few days back. The Maruti Gypsy was the first car that my dad had booked but we never ended up buying it. Gypsy is like one of those crushes you have in school and it is always special."

Making it useful

John elaborates, "Although it is custom-made, it is built with utility in mind. Swapnil Nalavade helped me with the modifications and the final outcome is exactly what I desired."

He adds, "I took advice from friends and Hormazd Sorabjee (Editor of Autocar India Magazine) before buying the car. He recommended that I get the new Gypsy King as it is 'the' car.

My first love remains...

But the actor's first love remains bikes, "A biker will always remain a biker. Motorcycling is in my blood. I just rode my bike last night. Since the gypsy has just come in, I have been driving around in it. It is like going back to basics. I have always been more of a SUV person. The previous cars of mine included Prado, Tata Sierra, and now Audi Q7."

When told that most stars use his current choice of wheels for their bodyguards and security staff, he laughs, "I am the biggest security for myself."

Modifications made

24-year-old Swapnil Nalavade who made the changes desired by the actor in his new Gypsy says, "John wanted an open Gypsy: a roof-top and a two-seater. I fitted in bullbars at the back and removed the rear seat. I have fitted in racing seats, which are normally used in imported racing cars. The car has got fitted in huge alloy wheels and huge tyres. An extra hood has been attached for the rainy season."

What is a bullbar?
A bullbar is a device usually fitted to the front of a vehicle to protect the car from collison damage. They vary considerably in size, form and function, and are made from welded steel, aluminium tubing, moulded polycarbonate and polyethylene materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Site By Keywords