Sania Mirza Wedding news


Sonakshi Sinha Talks About Making Her Debut With Dabangg

Sonakshi Sinha talks about Patna morality, camp Khan, the kissing ban and her uncanny resemblance to Reena Roy and more...


• A Bollywood debut with Salman Khan and a superhit OST. You couldn’t have asked for a better platform.

Yes. I think it’s the perfect venture in which I am able to perform, look good, and I am opposite a superstar. It is Arbaaz’s first film as a producer so he isn’t leaving any stone unturned. A very talented director like Abhinav Kashyap is making it. I couldn’t have asked for anything more.

• You never wanted to enter Bollywood. Why this sudden decision?

There were no signs of me actually getting into acting, I never thought of myself as an actor. Salman spotted me at Amrita Arora’s sangeet, where I was dressed in Indian and where I probably looked the part of Rajjo. So Salman said we have found our girl. And once I heard the script I couldn’t say no either.

• You have lost a lot of weight. The transformation from fat to fit is apparent.

I was anything but fit. Most credit goes to Salman but there were a lot of people around telling me to lose weight. So it started off as a conscious effort to lose weight and maintain my health but eventually when I started seeing the results, I started looking better and I started getting more confident and it translated into what I am today. However my gymming and dieting are still on, they are part of a never-ending process.

• Your brother Luv is not successful. How did your family deal with it?

It is like any other family. Two kids are studying, one passes the exam and one doesn’t. We learn from our father who has had his share of ups and downs.

My father is in politics, we have been brought up in a very different way. I have to be careful

• Your mother just gave a statement, “Mariyada paar karne nahi doongi.” How far will you go?

My father is in politics, we have been brought up in a very different way. My father is from a small town, Patna. It’s a big deal that I am in films because daughters do not go that way. I will have to be careful about the films that I choose, what I do on screen, how I conduct myself. That’s what my mother meant. But she has not got a danda on my head…(laughs)

• That means no exposing and no kissing on screen?

Not at all.

• Salman Khan is said to be your Godfather and you are in the Khan camp.

It’s too early for me to even get into this. I have just started out, this is my first film. We are family friends, that’s all there is to it. He is not going to make sure that I don’t do a film outside his banner. 'I don't need a godfather, I have a superstar at home'

• People say you resemble Reena Roy...

Yes, many people have told me that I resemble Hema aunty, Vaijantimala, who to believe I don’t know. I just want to look like myself. I think that will happen once I start working when people see my work. It’s not that they are comparing me to someone bad. They are comparing me to the best, so I am ok with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Site By Keywords