Sania Mirza Wedding news


Vivek Oberoi Finally Breaks His Silence About Wife-to-be Priyanka Alva

'Priyanka is just like my mother’, Says Vivek talking about his fiancĂ©e Priyanka, the daughter of danseuse Nandini Alva and late Janata Dal (U) leader, Dr Jeevaraj Alva.


• You have really surprised people by deciding to go for an arranged marriage…

Yes, I know (laughs). But trust me, I was always open to the concept of an arranged match. We will get married in Bangalore on October 29.

• Had you decided that you would get married in 2010?

There were no such plans. It was all my parents’ choice and it happened very suddenly. I saw her picture and learnt that she comes from a very good, educated family. Besides, being the Education minister of Karnataka, her father did a lot of humanitarian work. I met Priyanka and realised she is exactly the girl I was waiting and praying for. We connected instantly.

• Tell us more about Priyanka

She is very similar to my mom. She is a very private person, she is very real, she loves me for what I am and not what I do. Right from the word go, she looked at me as a person and not a Bollywood actor. She is a beautiful mix of traditional values and modern, independent thinking.

• What does she do?

She has completed a course in Financial Management from New York University. She does fundraising for non-profit organisations. She wants to help me in my work for the Cancer Patients Aid Association and our school in Vrindavan. She is even interested in our Project Devi. We are on the same page.

• Now that you are about to be married, how does it feel?

I’m loving it. I don’t see marriage as being a loss of bachelorhood and getting tied down. I have always been a responsible guy and I am still learning. Life has taught me many lessons.

• Any plans to set up a new house with Priyanka?

Fortunately, we have a spacious house. And I am definitely not moving out. I would always like to stay with my parents. I always want their support and blessings in my life.

• Has she seen your films?

Of course she has. But honestly, we hardly talk about films.

• Have you warned Priyanka that she might read articles linking you with your female colleagues?

I hope there won’t be anymore, especially if I am a happily married man.

• Would you like to start a family right away?

(Laughs) That’s a very personal question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Site By Keywords