Sania Mirza Wedding news


Bollywood Reactions to Sanjay Dutt's 5-Year Jail Sentencing

1993 Mumbai Blasts: The Supreme Court on Thursday sentenced Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt to five years in jail for getting guns from gangsters involved in the 1993 bombings in Mumbai. Sanjay Dutt doesn't deserve sentence, says Bollywood

Calling it a "massive blow", Bollywood fraternity expressed sadness and shock after Sanjay Dutt was sentence to five years in jail by the Supreme Court for illegal arms possession during the 1993 serial Mumbai blasts.

The 53-year-old has already served 18 months of his term and will now have to spend three and a half years in jail. The court has given the actor four weeks time to surrender.

Bollywood reacts with shock to Sanjay Dutt's sentencing - Here are some Bollywood reactions on Twitter:

MAHESH BHATT, film-maker "Heart Broken: Just heard that Sanjay Dutt has to go to jail for 5 years. I expected mercy! Alas it did not happen."

VISHAL DADLANI, music director "I stand with @duttsanjay, always will. He's my brother. He made mistakes, but he's served more than his time, in terms of mental stress."
"I am not contesting/denying the law, but it breaks my heart that Sanjay Dutt has to face this. He has done so much, so selflessly for so many!."

KUNAL KOHLI, film-maker "The '93 blast case should NOT be made about Sanjay Dutt.The Real planners are sitting safely in Pakistan like Osama Bin Laden was."

AFTAB SHIVDASANI, actor "Sad to know the verdict on Sanjay Dutt, my heart goes out to him and his family..he was a fighter, is one and will always be one.."

DABBOO RATNANI, photographer "Shattered to Hear about @duttsanjay ...Love Him...He is Like My Elder Brother & has a Pure Heart of Gold. God give Him Strength"

KARAN JOHAR, film-maker "I am truly shattered to hear of Sanju's sentence...the nicest guy i have known just doesnt deserve this...my heart goes out to him...."

ARSHAD WARSI, actor "I am numb, I don't know what to say. Sanjay Dutt is not a criminal. This is too harsh a decision."

BIPASHA BASU, actor "Saddenned n shocked with the news about Sanjay Dutt's Jail sentence.Strength to him n his family."

PRITISH NANDY, media personality “I am amazed how ranters obfuscate issues. Sanjay Dutt goes to jail for possession of illegal arms. Not for the Mumbai blasts.”
"I will be very sad to see Sanjay Dutt go back to jail... where I used to meet him years ago. A second term will destroy the man," tweeted Pritish Nandy.

Subhash Kapoor: "I am in shock and surprised. I personally expected the Supreme Court to be more lenient to him. Have no words to express my shock," Kapoor told.
When asked whether the judgement will affect the fate of the third Munnabhai film, Kapoor said, "It's too early to comment on this issue. My producers Vidhu Vinod Chopra is in America now and Raju (Hirani) is busy shooting 'Peekay'. Once Vidhu gets back, I will speak to him about this. The film was in a very nascent stage."

Anubhav Sinha: "Sending out a big big hug to Sanju. The most forgiving man I know. Sad he could not be forgiven himself,"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Site By Keywords