Sania Mirza Wedding news


Shilpa Shetty in a Bridal Outfit With Beau Raj Kundra



Here comes the bride…
Shilpa Shetty wore a bridal outfit as the showstopper for Tarun Tahiliani's fashion show at the HDIL Couture Week

Shilpa Shetty who strutted about in bridal finery as showstopper for Tarun Tahiliani's show at the Couture Week was spotted with beau Raj Kundra post the show. We caught up with Shilpa and asked her if it was a dress rehearsal for her big day (sometime soon?).

Haven't decided
Shilpa laughs it off, "Well, I was meant to look like a bride! Since walking the ramp for Tarun, I've been asked this question a million times after I wore this particular outfit. Well, let me tell you that I haven't decided my wedding date but I do hope to wear such a beautiful outfit on my wedding day, whenever it happens."

Was she nervous walking the ramp? "I was a bit scared as the ghagra was slightly loose and kept drooping every time I walked. I told Tarun it felt airy but fortunately, there were no wardrobe malfunctions. I am never nervous walking the ramp and wish I could've become a model. I always walk for Tarun. In fact he's the only designer I walk for."

Shilpa has kept away from the endorsement bandwagon. "I did endorse Romanov (a vodka brand) at one time. Maybe that spoilt my chances with other drinks but I am open to endorsements, provided I am convinced about it. I have my own brand too — my yoga DVD and own perfume. I am one of the fortunate few to have my own brand. In endorsements, it's also about being the flavor of the season. Maybe some companies can't afford that, so when it works both ways financially I will sign up for a brand."Dressing a bride ain't easy!

According to Shilpa, a lot of effort goes into wearing a bridal outfit. "I was put off by the dress a bit as it's coupled with the tons of jewellery and elaborate hairdo. The outfit also turned out to be extremely heavy. The ghaghra is a beautifully crafted piece of zardozi and brocade but weighed almost 10 kg. I pity the brides who have to wear such heavy lehengas on their wedding day," she grins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Site By Keywords