Sania Mirza Wedding news


Real-life troubles bring out the best in my work: Salman Khan

Salman Khan was facing charges for his hit-and-run case while shooting Prem Ratan Dhan Payo but the superstar says he works much better at times of adversity.

The upcoming family-drama will mark the return of Salman’s most loved character Prem and will see him reunite with filmmaker Sooraj Barjatya after a gap of 16 years. “I am always going through that difficult time so whenever I am going through a difficult time my work on that film is much better. So, please remember that.”



He added, “We work hard during that time. I’m still going through it (difficult time) and I will keep going through it.” Salman, 49, first played the role of Prem in Barjatya’s debut film Maine Pyar Kiya in 1989, followed by Hum Aapke Hain Koun..! and 1999 blockbuster Hum Saath-Saath Hain, which marked their last COLLABORATION.

The Dabangg actor says when Barjatya directs him as the beloved character, it is often his best. “When Sooraj Barjatya directs me as Prem that is by far the best Prem character that I’ve played. I missed playing Prem so much that I played the role of Prem in Anees Bazmee’s Ready. We tried making it a Sooraj Barjatya film with Anees Bazmee kind of comedy,” he said.

Read: Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam had the best poster, feels Salman

Barjatya has named the hero’s character Prem in all of his seven films, including Ek Vivaah... Aisa Bhi which he wrote, and Salman says he tries to imbibe the qualities of his lovable, soft-spoken, popular on-screen character. “When you come out of theatre seeing Sooraj Barjatya’s film you want to be like that character. After working for 150-200 days I try to get as much of that character into my personality as possible,” he said.

On being asked if Barjatya gets the best out of him, Salman said, “As a person and it translate on screen.”

There is a buzz that the Bajrangi Bhaijaan star will be seen playing a double role in the film but the actor did not divulge any details. “You need to see the film. We can’t say there are two characters, three characters.”
Prem Ratan Dhan Payo releases on November 12. The film also stars Sonam Kapoor, Anupam Kher, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Swara Bhaskar and Armaan Kohli.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Site By Keywords