Sania Mirza Wedding news


Dangal star Zaira Wasim opens up about growing up in Kashmir

Dangal star Zaira Wasim says she grew up in Kashmir without going out much and had a slightly different teenage life as compared to others.

The young star said she always remained in her zone and hasn’t even been to the huge hill next to her house.

When asked how was it growing up in Kashmir, Zaira said, “I was always in my own zone. I think my life was a little different from how the life of a 16-year-old person should be. I never went out much.

“My dad used to tell me stories that they used to go here and there. There is a huge hill right next to my house and I have never been there.”

The 16-year-old actor was speaking at the launch of Zuni Chopra’s book The House that Spoke.

Zaira said perhaps the biggest difference between youngsters belonging to different regions would be that they have different stories to share.

“Now, a 16 year old would be similar to the one in Mumbai or Delhi. There’s no huge difference. But I think it could be that you might see a vast variety of opinions and views.

“They have different stories to tell you, they have their own ideas about almost everything. So, apart from that ideology I don’t think there’s any vast difference.”

The Kashmir-set book published by Penguin, is the debut novel of Zuni, 15, daughter of filmmaker Vidhu Vinod Chopra and film critic Anupama Chopra.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Site By Keywords