Sania Mirza Wedding news


Complete List of Winners At Filmfare Awards 2008 / 2009

Best Film: Ashutosh Gowariker and Ronnie Screwvala for Jodhaa Akbar ; Presented by Bipasha Basu.

Best Director: Ashutosh Gowariker from Jodhaa Akbar ; Presented by Preity Zinta and Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra

Best Actors

Best Actor (Male): Hrithik Roshan for Jodhaa Akbar ; Presented by Rekha, Shahid Kapoor and Katrina Kaif.

Hrithik Roshan wasn’t present at the occasion and hence his director Ashutosh Gowariker picked his award.

Best Actor Female: Priyanka Chopra for Fashion; Presented by John Abraham and Tabu

Priyanka Chopra says, “I am limping a little bit tonight as I met with a small accident recently. This award is an honour. Thanks to UTV and Madhur for believing in me. My family and my fans, thanks to all.”

Lifetime Achievement Award

Lifetime Achievement Award: Om Puri; Presented by Amitabh Bachchan.

The actor says, “Thanks Filmfare for appreciating my work. Art cinema gave me the credibility as an actor and opportunities to showcase my talent. I would like to thank my friends who were with me at all times. I still remember in 1974 when Nasseruddin encouraged me to enroll myself to National School of Drama. I was going to be rejected because of my poor appearance. But my examiners gave me A plus and I made it to the school.”

First Oscar winning Indian, Bhanu Athaiya gets Lifetime Achievement Award
Presented by Ashutosh Gowariker and Aishwarya Rai.

Bhanu says, “This award belongs to my father who introduced me to the world of art. This award goes to those directors who gave me beautiful films. This award goes to the actors who put faith in my work. It’s a beautiful award. I am very happy. Thanks Filmfare.”

Best Jury Award

Best Director (Critic): Nishikant Kamat for Mumbai Meri Jaan ; Presented by Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan

Best Actor (Critic): Manjot Singh for Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! ; Presented by Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan

Best Actress (Critic): Shahana Goswami for Rock On ; Presented by Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan

Outstanding Performance: Prateik Babbar for Jaane Tu ... Ya Jaane Na and Purab Kohli for Rock On ; Presented by Shabana Azmi.

Best Supporting Actors

Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Male): Arjun Rampal for Rock On; Presented by Riteish Deshmukh.

Arjun Rampal says, “It feels nice, fantastic. All of us want our hand around this Black lady. I want to say thanks to everyone. Farhan, Abhishek, Shankar, Ehsaan, Loy and the cast and crew who made this happen. And finally all the people who stood by me... my family, friends and fans.”

Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Female): Kangana Ranaut for Fashion

Kangana says on stage, “Thanks Madhur for giving me this role. Thanks Mugdha, Priyanka and all the cast and crew of the film. Thanks Rangoli, my sister. You mean a lot to me, you are truly my strength.”

Best Writers of Bollywood

Best Story: Abhishek Kapoor for Rock On ; Presented by Neil Nitin Mukesh and Atul Kulkarni.

Best Screenplay : Yogesh Vinayak Joshi and Upendra Sidhaye for Mumbai Meri Jaan

Best Dialogue: Manu Rishi for Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! ; Award presented by Manmohan Shetty


Sukhwinder and Shreya bag Best Singer Awards, AR Rahman is Best Music Director

Best Lyrics: Javed Akhtar for Jashan-e-Bahaara ( Jodhaa Akbar ); Presented by Sonam Kapoor

Best Playback Singer (Male): Sukhwinder Singh for Haule Haule ( Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi ); Presented by Irrfan Khan and Raima Sen.

Sukhwinder wanted to take this award from AR Rahman and so he called him up on the stage to take the award from his hands. Sukhwinder also said, “I have performed all over the world, I would like to request the jury members that please give me an opportunity to perform at the Filmfare Awards.”

Best Playback Singer (Female): Shreya Ghosal for Teri Ore ( Singh Is Kinng ); Award presented by Mugdha Godse and Vishal Bharadwaj.

Best Music Director: AR Rahman for Jaane Tu ... Ya Jaane Na ; Presented by Asha Bhosle

Asin, Farhan and Imran are Best debutantes of 2008

Best Debutant Male: Farhan Akhtar ( Rock On ) and Imran Khan ( Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na ); Presented by Abhishek Bachchan and Vidya Balan.

Imran says, “Thanks to Aamir uncle for always knowing what is good.”

Farhan says, “After watching Rock On , Salim uncle called me and gave the Filmfare trophy in my hand. Now I know what it means.”

Best Debutant Female: Asin for Ghajini ; Presented by Abhishek Bachchan and Vidya Balan.



Winners of Technical Awards

Sony Filmfare Best Scene of the Year: Yash Chopra for Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi ‘Flower on the Dining Table’ scene; Award presented by Pradeep Srivastav and Manjit Singh

Best Background Score: A R Rahman for Jodhaa Akbar ; Presented by Alka Yagnik and Prasoon Joshi

Best Costumes: - Manoshi Nath and Rushi Sharma for Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! ; Presented by Kunal Kapoor and Genelia D’Souza

Best Cinematography: Jason West for Rock On ; Presented by Chunky Pandey and Rajeev Menon.

Best Sound Design: Vinod Subramanyam and Bela for Rock On ; Award presented by Kunal Khemu and Poonam Dhillon.

Best Choreography: Longines for Pappu Can’t Dance Sala. (Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na). Presented by Koena Mitra and Ratan Jain.

Best Editing: Amit Pawar for Mumbai Meri Jaan ; Presented by Shriya Saran, Anil Tandon.

Best Production Design: Vandan Kataria and Monica Angelica Bhowmick for Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! ; Presented by Ramesh Taurani and Mukesh Bhatt

Best Action: Peter Hein for Ghajini; Presented by Abbas Mastan

Best Visual Effects Award: John Deitz for Love Story 2050 . Payal Rohatgi and Imtiaz Ali presented the award.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Site By Keywords