Sania Mirza Wedding news


A R Rahman Had a Close Shave With Death Due to An Accident During Oscar Rehearsals

Well and truly, Allah Rakha, Rahman!

In the nick of time: A R Rahman

While all the hoopla and euphoria surrounding A R Rahman's double Oscar has been talked about, no one knows that the composer had a close shave with death during the rehearsals for his stage performance for the Oscars. This came to light after Rahman's return to India yesterday.

Split-second move

Recalling the nerve-wracking experience Rahman says, "I really don't know what happened. Two days before the Oscars, we were rehearsing at one of the theatres for the Oscars, the Jay Leno Show and the Oprah Winfrey Show; when a massive chandelier, covering a portion of the ceiling crashed on the spot a split second after I moved away."

Rahman recounts, "If I hadn't moved away, I'd have become history after making history in no time at all. The incident left me shaken but not terrified. I guess it was God's warning not to take any of the good things happening to me too seriously."

Rude reminder

Sighing in relief Rahman says, "As I walked from the left side of the stage to the right I could feel a heavy drop from the air, like water rushing down from a height of 30 to 40 feet. So with the good came the rude reminder of how quickly it can all be snatched away."

Says Rahman, "When I did Oprah Winfrey's show for the Oscars, she asked me what Jai Ho meant. I said it meant, 'May victory be yours.' She wished the same back for me and I could see she meant it. It's the best wishes the world over that saved my life that day."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Site By Keywords