Sania Mirza Wedding news


I owe a lot to Salman, says Zarine Khan

Zarine Khan, who made her acting debut opposite Salman Khan in Veer, says she owes a lot to the star whom she doesn't hesitate to call her mentor.



"I am here because of Salman Khan. He is my mentor who discovered me and gave me my first Bollywood break. He has always been very supportive and I owe a lot to him," said Zarine.

"I never thought that I would become an actress. I wanted to become a doctor, but destiny had something else in store for me. I am happy with the way my life is shaping up," she added.

The actress was in the capital to support "The Body Shop Loves You" campaign.

Before the release of Veer she was referred to as Katrina Kaif look alike. But Zarine says post the film, people have started recognising her. "It's fair enough if people compare me to her (Katrina). She is a beautiful woman and I take the compliment in a positive manner. Frankly speaking, after 'Veer', people have started recognising me as Zarine Khan," said the 25-year-old actress.

Though Zarine has not signed any new movie as of now, she is keen on doing a movie that gives her potential to perform. "Talks are on for my next film, but nothing has been confirmed as of now. Will let you know whenever it happens. Also, I want to work in a movie that gives me scope to perform. I don't want to run around trees," explained Zarine.

So any favourite actors she would like to work with? "Oh, I am so new in the industry and all these actors you want me to name have been in the industry for a long time now. So I would like to work with all of them because there will be so much to learn from everybody," she said.

According to Zarine, the journey so far has been interesting and she is liking every bit of attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Site By Keywords