Sania Mirza Wedding news


Rambha's Mehendi Ceremony Held Over the Weekend

"MUMMY, phone teesko (Mummy, receive the phone),” she instructs over the din as she’s getting her would-be husband’s initials inscribed in henna on her hands. It was Rambha’s mehendi ceremony over the weekend and the actress is excited about her wedding, which will be held in Tirupati on April 8.

Picture: Ramba

While she denied rumours of her wedding a couple of months ago — “It’s my cousin who’s getting married, not me” — it’s an ecstatic Rambha who reveals the details of her big day. “It’s not a love match. Since I’m an actress, I didn’t want to marry an actor. I left the choice to my parents and they found Indra Kumar for me,” says Rambha, who got engaged this January. “It fell into place very quickly. Indra owns a firm in Canada, for which I am the brand ambassador. But I’d never met him and only interacted with his staff. He approached my family and asked them for my hand. Later, they flew to Canada, met his parents and came back impressed. Now, he’s confessed that he’d surf the Net every day to look at my pictures,” laughs Rambha.

And Indra, she says, is her real-life hero. “We knew it the minute we met each other. So, it really didn’t matter if it all happened too soon. Which is why I’m still sorting out the invitee list,” says the 29-year-old. She shares that Indra, 36, is catching up on all her films and his fave is Ullathai Allithaa. “He’s encouraging of my career. He’s also said that as long as my roles are respectful, he’s fine. I’ll be shooting two days before my wedding,” she says.

Well-Wishers and Guest List for the Wedding
After hosting a reception on April 11 in Chennai, the newly-weds are off to New Zealand and the Fiji Islands for their honeymoon. “The wishes have begun pouring in. Kajol and Ajay Devgn and Raveena Tandon SMSed me. Trisha also sent me her best wishes. My buddies, Meena, Sridevi, Sonia Agarwal, Namitha, Puri Jagannath, Roja and Kushbhoo have promised to be at the wedding. From Sandalwood, I’ve invited Ravichandran, Shivrajkumar, Upendra, Prema and Jayanthi amma,” shares the bride-to-be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Site By Keywords