Sania Mirza Wedding news


Interview of Amrit Maghera - Second Heroine of Subhash Ghai's Yuvvraaj

Amrit Maghera

Barry John's most famous student in Bollywood may be Shah Rukh Khan, but the acting guru has been regularly grooming aspirants for the big screen. His latest student in B-Town is Amrit Maghera, the second heroine of Subhash Ghai's Yuvvraaj. Barry describes the newbie as an attentive student. Let's see if she's any good as an actress…
For now here is an interview of hers.

'I’ve always wanted to be a part of this industry': Amrit Maghera, model/actor

Family ties
Twenty-five-year-old Amrit Maghera is debuting in Subhash Ghai’s much-anticipated film Yuvvraaj that also stars Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anil Kapoor in pivotal roles. She has grown up in UK and is the face of a big cosmetic brand in India.
“Dad’s English-Scot and my mum is an Indian. We are a big family, particularly on my mum’s side. I have grown up in England and my family has been very supportive of whatever I have done in my career. Without their support, I could not have left my country and come to India looking to work and be successful,” she informs.

Home away from home
“I don’t have any relatives in Mumbai. I have some in Pune and they care for me a lot. I keep talking to my family and after every 3-4 months, I go back to the UK. It has been an unbelievable and fascinating experience so far in Mumbai. I have got a lot from here. I became a successful model and now I’m moving on to acting,” she says, adding that she has worked very hard this past year.

Bollywood dreams
Amrit loves Bollywood films and their elaborate dance routines. “I’ve always wanted to be a part of this industry. But then people said why be just a dancer, why not try and become an actress in Bollywood? I’m currently working really hard towards it and I’m learning a lot every day,” she says.

Talking the talk
When we were chatting with Amrit, we couldn’t help but spot her accent. We just got curious and asked her that if she was fluent in Hindi now that she wants to be an actor in our
Hindi film industry. She says in correct and unaccented Hindi: “Mujhe Hindi theek se aati hai.
I’m taking Hindi lessons to read and write and perfect myself. As half my family is Indian, speaking is not a problem for me.”

Model dreams
So will modelling take a back seat if her film career takes off. “I want to do many things. Even if I become a successful actress, I will like posing for the cameras and walking the ramp.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Site By Keywords